Equip your church with exciting ministry resources ... Empower your leaders for today’s mission field ... Engage in transforming workshop experiences ... Connect with other church leaders ....
Seventeen different workshops are being offered as the Conference Connectional Ministries Team and Conference Leaders bring resources to you. From missions to hospitality to Christian education to communications, this event is designed to help leaders and future leaders in local churches discover the wealth of resources available to them through our United Methodist connection and the Susquehanna Conference. Through an offering of workshops, displays, media, and interactive learning experiences, participants will learn new ways to make disciples and will receive a disc packed with helpful tools and resources.
Saturday, March 5, 9:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Shavertown United Methodist Church, 163 N. Pioneer Ave,
Shavertown PA 18708
Saturday, March 19, 9:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.,
First United Methodist Church, 801 Allegheny St., Hollidaysburg PA 16648
Saturday, April 2, 9:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.,
Pine Street United Methodist Church, 441 Pine St., Williamsport PA 17701
Saturday, April 9, 9:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.,
Wesley United Methodist Church, 130 W. 3rd St., Bloomsburg PA 17815
Workshops and leaders:
- Reaching the People in Your Neighborhood, Rev. Mike Bealla, Director of Connectional Ministries
- What’s Happened To My Church?, Rev. Mike Bealla, Director of Connectional Ministries
- Communications for Small Congregations, Jerry Wolgemuth, Director of Communications
- Faith Across Generations, Jerry Wolgemuth, Director of Communications
- Cultivating Community, Anne Horton, Director, Camp & Retreat Ministry
- Is the Character of Hospitality Working in Me?, Anne Horton, Director, Camp & Retreat Ministry
- From Newcomer to Disciple, Lisa Bender, Executive Secretary, Connectional Ministries
- What’s Your Story?, Lisa Bender, Executive Secretary, Connectional Ministries
- Faithful Witnesses: Not ‘to’ or ‘for’ but ‘with’, Lenore Hosier, Conference Secretary of Global Ministries
- Mission Around Town, Curt Knouse, Director of Volunteers in Mission and Outreach
- Are You Ready for the Next Disaster? (District Disaster Response), Ron Salsman, Disaster Response Coordinator
- Mitakuye Oyasin: We are All Related, Larry Siikanen, Co-Chair, Committee on Native American Ministries
- Find Your Story in Mission Central’s Unfolding Story, Rob Visscher, Executive Director, Mission Central
- VBS Showcase, Jody Robinson, Director, Discovery Place Resource Center
- You Teach Weird!, Audrey Wilder, Director, Young People’s Ministry and Christian Education
- You Learn Weird!, Audrey Wilder, Director, Young People’s Ministry and Christian Education
- Tough Crowd: Reaching Out to Youth through Small Groups, Audrey Wilder, Director, Young People’s Ministry and Christian Education
Lunch is included in the $5 registration fee. CEUs (.4) will be available for clergy.
The deadline to register for each event is the Friday one full week before the event.
For all the details, including brochures, online registration, and workshop descriptions, go to: E-Tour IV
For more information, contact Conference Director of Connectional Ministries, Mike Bealla, at email@example.com, or Lisa Bender at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 1-800-874-8474 or 717-766-7441.