The Missional Board celebrates the presentation of Mission Excellence Grants to eight congregations of the Susquehanna Annual Conference.
Utilizing a non-designated mission fund, the Missional Board expanded the Howard and Elizabeth Brinton Award so that one congregation from each district may now be celebrated for their excellent work in the area of missions.
Each of the following congregations will receive a certificate of recognition suitable for framing and a cash gift of $500, which is to be used for a mission project that the congregation chooses. (In the case of a two-point charge, each congregation receives a $250 grant.) These congregations were nominated by their district superintendent and affirmed by the Missional Board of the Susquehanna Annual Conference.
The inaugural recipients of the Susquehanna Conference Excellence in Missions Awards are:
- Altoona District: Altoona East End/Fairview Charge
- Harrisburg District: Calvary UMC, Harrisburg
- Lewisburg District: Catawissa Avenue. UMC
- Scranton/Wilkes-Barre District: Plains UMC
- State College District: Runville UMC
- Williamsport District: Trinity UMC, Jersey Shore
- York District: Greenmount UMC
The Missional Board continues to select one individual who will receive the Howard and Elizabeth Brinton Award for mission excellence. This year’s recipient was Mira Hewlett, who will be recognized during the Awards Luncheon for her dedicated and consistent work in a variety of national and international missions.