Holy Conferencing Principles
- Every person is a child of God.
- Listen before speaking.
- Strive to understand from another’s point of view.
- Speak about issues, do not defame persons. Disagree without
- being disagreeable.
- Pray, in silence or aloud, about decisions. Let prayer interrupt
- your busy-ness.
- Strive to accurately reflect the views of others.
“[Make] every effort to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.”
– Ephesians 4:3 NRSV
“RESPECT” – Eric H. F. Law
- Responsibility for what you say and feel without blaming others.
- Empathetic listening
- Sensitive to different communication styles
- Ponder what you hear and feel before you speak
- Examine your own assumptions and perceptions
- Confidentiality when requested or appropriate
- Tolerate ambiguity