Friday, January 18, 2019

Introducing our New District AAs in Altoona and Harrisburg

Kathy A. Palmer - altoona@susumc.org
Hello Susquehanna Conference! I would like to thank everyone for the warm welcome I have received as the new administrative assistant to Altoona District Superintendent Rev. Dr. Kathleen Kind.

My career background is as a Registered Dietitian, and I am always willing to provide any nutritional advice, education, etc. Most of my career has been in long-term care and I dearly loved working with residents in these types of facilities. My being offered this position came about purely through God and His will for me.

I am married to my wonderful husband, Jim. We have three grown children, Alyssa, Devon, and Shane. We are blessed with three grandchildren, Scarlette, Victoria, and Killian, who brighten our lives and keep us young! We live in Coalport, Pa. I grew up and was a member in the Allemansville UMC (Ramey Charge), but have recently become a member at Juniata UMC in Altoona.
I look forward to getting to know all of you better and thank you once again for the warm welcome!

Kaiti Gallaher Lucente - harrisburg@susumc.org
I am so excited to be a part of the Conference administrative staff for the Harrisburg District and to be working with such wonderful people. 

Some little facts about me are that I grew up as a pastor’s kid. Professor (Messiah College) and retired pastor, Rev. Dr. Stephen Gallaher is my father. I have been attending Camp Hill United Methodist Church since I was 7 years old and I am currently an active member of CHUM. 

My favorite hobbies are primarily surrounding music. I sing, play guitar and write my own music. I love various outdoor activities like hiking and kayaking. Makeup artistry is also something that I really enjoy doing for fun and professionally. 

I graduated from Shippensburg University in 2012 with a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work. I am so blessed to have married my amazing high school sweetheart and best friend, Brian. Together we live in the Mechanicsburg area with our two cats.