Thursday, November 16, 2023

#BeUMC


What makes you proud to #BeUMC?

#BeUMC honors the core values that connect the people of The United Methodist Church (The UMC). We are reclaiming our mission to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.

The UMC is founded on a Wesleyan theology of grace, anchored in Scripture, and based in the life and teachings of Jesus Christ and the continuing movement of the Holy Spirit.

Share your story! The full story of The UMC reflects each one of us. Consider our common roots, how you and your congregation have been renewed, and your answer to the question, “Why am I United Methodist?” Then, post on your preferred social media platform using the hashtag #BeUMC and also send it to link@susumc.org.

www.umc.org/en/who-we-are/our-people/beumc

Rev. Jason Schwartzman

I’m a United Methodist because I believe wholeheartedly in what John Wesley espoused when he said, “There is no holiness but social holiness”. I am a United Methodist because I have chosen to commit my life to “resisting evil, injustice and oppression in whatever forms they present themselves”. I am a United Methodist because I believe we can do things here and now to alleviate human suffering in the name of Jesus Christ. I am a United Methodist not because I don’t want to see people go to Hell…but because I don’t want them to live in Hell here on Earth.