Tuesday, September 10, 2024

VIM Coordinator Speaking Availability

  

Hello! I’m Michelle Schwartzman and I’m the Conference Volunteers in Mission Coordinator. There are amazing things happening in our conference with missions. I’ve been told by Global Ministries that the Susquehanna Conference is known for being strong in Mission! What a nice complement to be known to be in service with others.

I wanted to get the word out that I’m available for speaking engagements. There are range of ways I can do this: 5-minute mission moments, Sunday school classes, mission teams, mission committees and so forth. I’m also available to preach based around the purpose and call of Volunteers in Mission (VIM). This can be for Mission Sundays or to fill in while your pastor is away.

A lot of our local churches don’t know the ins and outs of VIM, if your church is in mission locally (outside of church property), in Pennsylvania, and across the US, your team is eligible for and asked to receive our free insurance. I can also connect international teams to UMVIM Inc. for low-cost insurance. In addition to the insurance, I provide training for team leaders and team participants...it’s great for all to be on board and delegation is a wonderful thing. I provide resources for teams including useful team forms. I can help your team connect to a place to serve and help you gather additional team members. One of my favorite things is that I can help celebrate the mission. 

You can submit an article, and it is posted on our website, published in the LINK, and on the VIM Facebook page. It not only lets the conference in on celebrating you, but it also gives the conference ideas on serving. We are a connectional church, and I love hearing what our local churches are up to!

Please contact me for the speaking events, insurance, training, and connection. I’m looking forward to it!

Michelle Schwartzman
VIM Coordinator
vim@susumc.org