Youth Service Fund grants are available for all churches in the Susquehanna Conference. Grants are given to fund developing new or expanding existing youth-led ministries. The full details of grant guidelines and expectations are detailed in the YSF application. Download the application by going to the Young People’s Ministry web page athttp://igniteyoungpeople.org, click on “Youth” and then click on “Youth Service Fund.” Application deadline is October 31, 2015.
2015 Recipients were:
- Hope UMC, Port Trevorton: Summer outreach camp for unchurched and nominally religious children.
- Catawissa Parish UMC: Beginning a new youth ministry in the two-point charge.
- McConnellsburg UMC: Summer mission project to bring hope to those in great need in Fulton County, Pa.
- St. Paul UMC, Manchester: Summer mission trip where youth work on crews with others from around the U.S. to serve the local community.
- Millersburg Youth Center: Ecumenical after-school youth program focused on providing safety, tutoring, and mentoring.